- Move over Big Data. There are two new buzz words in town: ‘artficial intelligence’ and ‘machine learning’. The claims being made for these technologies are just as significant, if not more so than those made for Big Data three to five years ago. So, how widespread is the use of artificial intelligence today? And what are the implications for the payments industry?
- Recently two international operating banks have faced severe malware attacks through their internal SWIFT messaging system. Attacks though malicious software is nothing new but the way criminals were able to gain access to the SWIFT network raises serious questions about cyber-security. We have asked INFORM’s cyber security expert Wiebe Fokma on his take on implementing measures to strengthen the systems' security.
- Why Do Fraudsters Commit Fraud Over Other Types of Crime?
This second part of the article (see PART 1) we talk about the Fraud Triangle, developed by Columbia University. The Fraud Triangle is a great visual depiction of how fraud occurs. This concept further supports the contention that reducing opportunity should be the key element of counter fraud efforts.
- Every single day millions of consumers are making online payments to purchase goods on the web or manage their online banking accounts. The growth of e-Commerce and online banking has transformed money spending from traditional cash payments to digital information traveling around the web at the speed of light. New eCommerce technologies have broadened our markets and have made it more convenient for consumers to pay online for products and services with just a few clicks.
- European payment infrastructure provider, SIA recently integrated INFORM’s real-time fraud prevention solution into its platform for the benefit of their financial, corporate and retail clients. We asked Gabriele Boni, Financial Institutions Division Director, SIA and Dr. Andreas Meyer, EVP Risk & Fraud Division, INFORM about the future of online payments and combating fraud in an increasingly digital world.